Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Be Still

There is something about the beach at night, darkness, stars, silhouettes, the gentle breeze and the tranquil sound of the waves reaching the shore. Andrew and I walked along the beach tonight, sat and talked for quite a while, mostly about our frustrations, questions and doubts. I spent some time being silent. One of my favorite verses is the simple idea that we are called to, "Be still and knowl that I am God." I have a lot of questions for God, have been questioning Him a lot lately, but sitting there and starring out at the stars and the expansive ocean made me feel ok about trusting God despite my uncertainty. I pray that I have the strength and obedience to walk it out, I'm not sure at all what it will look like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is precisely what God has been speaking to me over the last week! You have to visit my home page, where I've posted sticky notes of all the stuff that I'd written earlier, but makes so much sense to me now. It's all about being still.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and about asking God questions, I think that's always good... don't you? I have found He always answers no matter how silly the question, though His answer is not always what we expect it to be or when we expect it.