Thursday, October 16, 2008

Da Amerikanska


Kiev is gorgeous. Here are some spots I went today. Finally got to spend some serious time exploring the city. There are so many Russian Orthodox Churches that are just gorgeous. The one below is called St. Andrews and it's right next to a big market which is real cool. It looks out over the city. Kolya took us around. He speaks English better than I do and he cracks jokes on me all the time. He knows the city and the country so well. He took us to the victory statue below. It's huge! He said they call it Big Mama, but i'm pretty sure he was kidding. claro que si. They actually cut the sword so that it would be shorter than the tallest Russian Orthodox Monastery in the city. It's bigger than the Statue of Liberty and it's quite overwhelming. The city is so cool, i'll post pictures and more later. I tell everyone about Philadelphia and I'm so proud of my Phils!



No comments: