Sunday, July 27, 2008

Scrantonicity

Scranton visit to see Counting Crows and Maroon 5 today! Holly and I made the drive up the PA Turnpike. We explored downtown Scranton for a bit. Not quite as mystical as I was hoping for, but still a lot of fun nonetheless. We couldn't find Poor Richards, only Pour Boys, so we settled for a greek Bistro instead. Kevin from the office was actually the host of the concert, but he didn't say much and there was no Scrantonicity references.

I've wanted to see Counting Crows for so long. I had different ideas about how the day would go, but I had a great day. The concert venue is a huge tent in the woods. It was really pretty sweet and made me think about vector geometries and statics. They played a lot of newer stuff, but plenty of classics as well. They ended with Long December and it really hit me hard, some tears, but such a beautiful song. Will describe the concert tomorrow.

The lead singer from Maroon 5 is a tool, but man can they rock. After watching Adam Duritz pour his heart into the music, tell stories through his songs, and channel the music through his dance and motion, Adam Levine was merely a performer. I suppose there's no shame in that, but I ashamedly enjoyed their performance a lot and they had a sweet cover of Chris Isaak's Wicked Games that led into She will Be Loved. He was wearing goofy white snug fit pants. Huh moment of the day, he welcomed the crowd and said that he was excited to be in Philly. Not so much.

Anywho, more to come later. I'm going to the Phils game tomorrow after church with Rob for his birthday. Ten days til Central America!


A Long December

A long december and theres reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I cant remember the last thing that you said as you were leaven
Now the days go by so fast
And its one more day up in the canyons
And its one more night in hollywood
If you think that I could be forgiven...i wish you would

To see the way that light attaches to a girl
And its one more day up in the canyons
And its one more night in hollywood
If you think you might come to california...i think you should
Drove up to hillside manor sometime after two a.m.
And talked a little while about the year

I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower,
Makes you talk a little lower about the things you could not show her
And its been a long december and theres reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I cant remember all the times I tried to tell my myself
To hold on to these moments as they pass

Its been so long since Ive seen the ocean...i guess I should

No comments: