Thursday, August 7, 2008

I could end each day sitting in a hammock listening to good music, talking to God and reflecting on my day. I woke up early to go for a run. My brother asked me if I noticed the altitude change, and I really didn´t, but now it´s going to be in my head. It was the most beautiful run, I´ve been on in a long time. Running through Coyoacan was so refreshing, full of colors, smells, gardens and inviting parks. I even got to run past Frida´s house and Leon Trotsky tambien. I felt so good and did some exploraring and felt great to start the day. Andrew and I went to the Zocalo first, which is the huge square downtown surrounded by the national palace and the church with the most gold I´ve ever seen. I was so sad because they weren´t letting people into the palacio and I so badly wanted to see Diego Rivera´s murals. He´s one of my top three favorite artists of all time. There is at least a football field´s worth of murals that tell the beautiful and painful story of Mexico´s history.

fighting sleep... will write mas tomorrow. So glad to be here!

things to write about...
Dido white flag on the bus
i was the tallest person on the bus with like 25 people on it
with or without you at the taco place drinking german beer
running across the street with rain up to my ankles in leather sandels in la presa
Basilica and catholic questions
churros after dinner
andy{s family being awesome
how to lose a guy in ten days
walking the food markets and the religious fanatics markets
students massacred
andy almost got me killed by a bus
mariachis on subway
michigan state hat
i love food

No comments: