Wednesday, August 6, 2008

He me aqui

Landed safely in Mexico. I've spent more time waiting in airports today than I've slept the past two days. Can't wait to catch up. Thad and Vince took me to the airport at 4:30. I know Big's been waiting to get mentioned in my blog for a minute now. West Philly all day, but I'm excited to spend some time in algunos barrios y por la tierra del pueblo. I wandered around the Mexican airport for a few hours with a MacGyvered suitcase setup since my one suitcase is missing a wheel. Got scolded by la policia for sacaring a photograph of a reflection off some important building. Spanish holding up so far, nice lunch. They serve amazing food on Mexicana Airlines.

Andy and I are staying in Coyoacan and it's a pretty sweet area. Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo and Trotsky lived in this borough and you can definitely sense the rebellious, artistic and revolutionary spirit still here. We went to a really stylish restaurant with live music and enjoyed dinner from a molcajete followed by some sweet churros and cafe after dinner.

Sleep is coming soon, so sweet!

No comments: